"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Monday, April 28, 2008

Portland Trip!


Steve, my parents, and I were able to go check out Portland this last weekend! We learned our way around the City a lot better and got to check out a lot of different apartments trying to find out where we want to live come August. Steve's school, OHSU, is really neat up on the hill overlooking downtown. We walked around the school and hospital and rode the sky tram down the hill. We also got to check out the Oregon coast line, so beautiful! We found an awesome beach with tons of sand and and huge sandhill. We also went to Multnomah falls and hiked up to the top of the falls. Our hotel was like 3 blocks from the Temple in Lake Oswego! The temple is gorgeous, and the flowers, wow! It was a very fun and successful trip! Oh, and we were very lucky! It only rained like the first five minutes we were in Portland! And it kept getting warmer each day, lots of sun! Also, we got to meet up with my Aunt and Uncle and also my cousin Alisha, her husband and new baby for dinner! They live just over the river in Vancouver, WA. I am grateful for my wonderful parents helping us a lot too! We had a lot of fun!!

8 comments:

kaila sue said...

wow! it looks like you are going to love living there

The Squires said...

Did you find an apartment? It looks beautiful but I don't want you guys to leave!

Dave & Natasha said...

It does look pretty there! This is going to be a fun adventure for the first little while of your marriage! I kinda wish we could have been more adventurous and moved away for the first year, but I am such a home body! I don't know what I would do away from my family and St. George! Now that we will have 3 kids I really wouldn't want to move away, just because I want my kids to grow up around Grandpa and Grandma, and the help from my mom would be missed once these babies come! I guess we're kinda stuck here for awhile now! Have fun and enjoy this time before you have kids, because it changes so much once they come!

Jon & Gina said...

So did you find a place?? I'm so excited you guys are moving there so we can visit, I love those falls, and I love the Oregon Coast!

Meinhart family said...

I loved seeing the pics of Oregon. They brought back great memories...Chris and I met, married, and lived there for a year. I love seeing the temple right off the freeway...it reminds me of the DC temple. So beautiful!

Alisha said...

It was great to see you guys--we're excited to have you moving so close! PLEASE PLEASE call us when you are headed up here so we can help you move in!

The Squires said...

Sorry we were up in Salt Lake last night. I am going to San Diego for Steve and Brittny's wedding this weekend but lets hang out next week, ok? :)

Michael & Jessica said...

wow, it's so pretty there!! I bet you guys are so excited!! That will be so fun to move out of Provo and have so many new and fun experiences.