"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

San Diego Trip!

We love San Diego! What a fun trip we had to San Diego with Steve's Family! We stayed in a brand new Courtyard Marriott. We arrived on Wednesday afternoon, walked on the boardwalk near our hotel, met up with everyone, and then ate at Miguel's Cocina, yummmmm!!
Thursday we went to Sea World. We loved it. We saw the Shamu show, dolphins, sea lions, penguins, fish aquarium, Cirque de la Mar, Elmo 4-D movie, and rode the Splash Atlantis ride. It was fun to watch my little nephew Braden enjoy it too! That night we ate at Bali Hai on Shelter Island.
Friday Steve and I got to Hang out with Braden at Balboa Park and ride the trolley while Kim, Ashley, Kim Sr. and Ruth went to tour the Midway. (Steve and I have already experienced the Midway) In the afternoon we got to chill at Mission Beach for a while! I love the beach! It was perfect weather! That night we went to a Padres vs. Braves game. The ball park is beautiful. The Padres won! It was a fun fast-paced game.
Saturday we tried to see the Mormon Battalion church historic site in Old Towne but found out it is closed for renovations :( We then drove up to La Jolla and saw the beautiful temple. We also went to the sea lion cove and checked out the beach. Later on we played games and then we waked around Sea Port Villiage, ate dinner, checked out some stores, and Braden rode the Carousel.
Sunday morning we packed up and headed to St. George. We sure missed you Brandon, Julie and Jordy! Thanks Jackson fam for a fun and memorable trip!!

2 comments:

Cami and Mitch said...

We sure do miss you up here but at least you're having fun with your families! I would love to do a trip like that to San Diego, looks so fun! We will be down this weekend, so I'm sure we will see you.

Jon & Gina said...

Gosh looks like the trip was so much fun! I have never been to sea world but I think I will add it to my list now!