"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Monday, October 27, 2008

Family and Cafe Rio

I was lucky enough to get to visit my family in Utah this past week! My family had a timeshare at Park City Marriott so they flew me out. I really missed Steve but I enjoyed hangin' with the fam!! Plus Steve got some great time in studying for his Integrative Biology test! We talked to each other on the phone regularly :)
I flew in to SLC Tuesday night and my mom and dad picked me up from the airport and we headed up to Park City. Wednesday we drove to Salt Lake for the State cross country meet where Dawson and Andrew were. On the way I got my parents to take me to Cafe Rio, I had really been missing it!! During the trip I ate at Cafe Rio 3 times!!! What a blessing!! ;)
Instead of the boys heading back to St. George after the meet we got to keep them with us! (Yes, they missed a couple days of school) We enjoyed Park City and walking the shops and art galleries on Main. There is one Gallery that is my favorite that we always go to: "Windows to the World"
https://www.scanlan.com/
They have amazing photos from all over the world!! Here is Italy:
We went on some beautiful drives and walks as well.
Saturday we went to the Cougars game. It was quite exciting being so close and all... Good thing we pulled it off in the end! Sunday, before my family dropped me off at the airport, we got to attend the live broadcast of Music and the Spoken Word. It was incredible! I've never heard such beautiful music. We were also privileged to be in the presence of President Monson as he gave a presentation afterwords to an honorary member of the choir. It was awesome! Sorry my camera phone picture is so blurry.
I was really glad I got to see my wonderful family! It had been too long! I also got to meet my new niece Taylor, she is so pretty and perfect! It is now really nice to be home with Steve! He is the greatest!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! I can't wait to go see my family!

The Smiths said...

Glad you had a fun time!! I swear i've been on that street in Italy- either that or they all just look familiar :)

Marissa

The Cooks said...

Wow, looks like you had tons of fun with your family, thats awesome. I'll have to check out that Gallery in Park City, I LOVE that picture of Italy.

Ashley said...

I am so glad that you were able to visit us for a bit. Brady LOVED seeing you! We will have to straighten out the whole Steve/Sean thing at Christmas!

Cami and Mitch said...

You need to make a couple more trips to Utah-and visit your friends next time :)

Gina and Jon said...

I bet it was so nice to head back to the old stopping ground! We will be there around Christmas time if you are there!