"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, February 5, 2009

In Loving Memory

My grandfather passed away January 21st in Tennessee. This was a new experience for me loosing my first grandparent. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just a month ago and was given two weeks to live. He has 9 children, 58 grandchildren, and around 15 great-grandchildren so far. To me he was known as "grandpa squeezer." When we were younger at family reunions we would line up to sit on grandpa's lap. He'd pull our knees up to our chest and squeeze and shake us as we giggled and enjoyed. He is a great man who led an exemplary life of charity and righteousness. I love you grandpa!

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

He is so cute! And what good stories you will have to tell your kids about him.... grandpa squeezer...that's cute. Sounds like he was a good grandpa.

Dan Flake Family said...

Dani,
Love this picture of you and Grandpa and Grandma. Miss you! I bought some things for baby girl Jackson last night!