"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alexa's Nursery


More Pictures

I guess with only two weeks left it is a good thing that I have the nursery ready! I have had a lot of fun making most of the decor in the room. Here is what I did: sewed the crib bumper, the curtains, and the rocking chair back rest. I also mod podged Alexa's name and the frames above the changing table. (I will be putting baby pictures in those frames shortly!) I also put the ribbons up by the mirror to hold all her cute bows! It's amazing what a little material, batting, ribbon, mod podge, and thumb tacks can do!
It's a relief to have it done now but I'm sure I'll be adding more as I go. I'm trying to think of a way to incorporate the Greg Olsen picture "Children of the World" and also the words "I am a Child of God" somewhere. I do have an empty wall opposite the crib, so I'll try working those things on there.
I have also been washing the baby clothes and blankets, cleaning the house, getting the hospital bag ready, and being excited for my mom to come to Portland. Now it's just the wait... Luckily, I really haven't been too uncomfortable and my contractions don't hurt... yet. Can't wait to see little Alexa!

12 comments:

~Jessie~ said...

I love it all Danielle! I need you to teach me a thing or two about decor. I like the simplicity of what you did. It would be fun to do some of those things in Eli's room. Wow, only 2 weeks until due date! I hope they go by quickly for you.

Dave and Natasha said...

Cute room! I can't believe you only have two weeks left! It will be here so soon!!! I wish you were closer so I could see her!

Tyler and Megan said...

The nursery looks amazing. I love every bit of it! I can't wait to meet her either. I am so excited for you ladies.

Brittany Crane said...

I'm so impressed with your nursery. It looks fabulous!! Sounds like the "nesting" mood has hit. Best wishes for the delivery. You will do great! Can't wait to see how beautiful she is.

Can you send me your address please. crane.brittany@yahoo.com

Tara said...

Looks great Danielle! It's coming so soon!!

Cami and Mitch said...

It looks way cute Danielle! I actually really like the flowers in the picture frames.

Dan Flake Family said...

Great Job Danielle. Can't wait to see it in person. I'll be there soon....Keep me updated.

Alisha said...

How cute! Good job Danielle. I can't believe she's almost here! Good luck with everything, and even though I've been a bad cousin and we never see you guys, if you need ANYTHING at all please let me know!

kaila sue said...

you are so crafty! it looks great she will love it!

Shanan, Kelly and Carson said...

wow! that is such a cute room! you are so good! i can't believe you made all that for her room! your gonna be a great mom! and now its just that dang waiting game.. i hope ya dont go over your due date like i did! good luck and i cant wait to see pics of her!

Trevor, Caci, and Jace said...

WOW!! The nursery looks beautiful! I can't believe you are due this month! Congrats!!! How exciting! Can't wait to see her!

Todd, Rose and Emy said...

You have done such a good job! You only need the baby to make seem all done:) SOON!