"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Monday, June 29, 2009

Introducing Alexa!

Alright, I'm finally sitting down to post! Hopefully most of you have already seen some pics of Alexa on facebook.

What a wonderful joy Alexa has already brought into our lives! I love looking at her and loving her so much! Steve and I have really enjoyed her and he's being a great daddy!!

So, here's the lowdown. Steve and I went in Friday the 26th at 8:30am. They got us in a room and ready to go so at 11am they started me on pitocin. My contractions had already been pretty regular the last month or so. The pitocin picked up the contractions and around 5pm or 6pm I started feeling them! Soon after that I really started feeling them! I was ready for the epidural (Amazing!) at about 9pm when I was dialated to a 5. The epidural actually helped move things right a long and at 11pm they broke my water. Around 1am I was to an 8 and 3am I was to a 10! They started getting everything ready for pushing to start around 4am. I had Alexa 41 minutes later! I only had to push with 10 or 11 contractions. I was happy about that!

My mom, Steve and I were so excited to see her! What a wonderful help it was to have Steve and my mom there! We stayed overnight Saturday and went home Sunday afternoon.

Alexa Jackson
Born Saturday, June 27th, 2009 at 4:41am
7lbs 7oz, 19 1/2"
Beautiful, healthy and with pretty light brown hair

Alexa has been very alert and happy most of the time. Nursing is going pretty well also.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers and words of support! Enjoy the pics!



8 comments:

Dan Flake Family said...

She's a beauty and I miss her already! Please take lots of pictuers. You guys are great parents and will have so much fun watching her grow and change over the years. Thanks for letting me be a part of the birthing experience. Take it easy!!

Schmidt Happens... Portland Oregon Chapter said...

She's gorgeous. Good work you guys! We hope that everything is going well for you and would love to bring you guys dinner when we get back in town. I'll talk to Megan about it. You guys are awesome and Alexa is precious.

Chance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimi and Chance Gurr said...

She is SO CUTE!!! We are way excited for you two! :) I wish we were closer! :( I guess we just have to visit huh? ;) Congratulations! We miss you guys!

Dave and Natasha said...

Oh, so cute!!! I'm glad everything went so well, although a little long, huh? Hopefully it went quickly for you! You better come visit soon so we can see her! :)

Gina and Jon said...

Congrats! Im so glad everything went well she looks so cute!

Ashley said...

You are a trooper Danielle! That was a long labor and you have just the best attitude when you described it(ofcourse). So proud of you guys! Love that pic of Alexa looking so adoring at her dad!

The Smiths said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her!