"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Overdue and Family Fun

So, my due date was last Friday. I'm about a week overdue! Luckily the most uncomfortable thing I've dealt with this week is the sunburn I got on my legs from going to the coast Tuesday. I am having contractions but they don't hurt. However, Alexa seems to be very strong so she has some pretty forceful movements at times.

I'm scheduled to be induced tomorrow (Friday). It has turned out to be pretty good timing. Steve has his last final this afternoon. Also, my mom came last Thursday and my dad and brothers came Sunday. It has been nice to just have some fun in Portland because they hadn't been to visit yet.

With my mom, before my dad and brothers came, we were able to visit the Farmers Market, Saturday Market, and go mini golfing at a fun glow-in-the-dark place. We also walked along the waterfront and just hung out. (We've been doing a lot of walking!)

Sunday evening my dad and brothers drove into town. We took the short drive to the Portland International Rose Test Garden and strolled around. It was very pretty!

Monday we checked out downtown, went to the huge Powell's book store, and had a picnic at the park where the boys played tennis, football, frisbee, etc.

Tuesday we headed off to the coast. The weather was awesome! The wind was very minimal and it was clear and sunny except for the usual weird haze stuff. We went to Seaside first and just laid on the beach and walked around the shops. We then drove toward Cannon Beach and went to Indian Beach at Ecola State Park. That was a really neat beach! The boys saw hundreds of star fish and got to explore the rocks and such. It was a fun get-a-way. Steve's been studying and taking finals during the day time but gets to spend the evenings with us playing games and stuff.

Wednesday we visited the Portland Temple and also Lake Oswego. We drove by the amazing houses around the lake and got bagels to eat by the lake. Later we met up with Steve at OHSU after a final and rode the sky tram down the hill with him. It was another pretty and clear day! Wednesday night we went to the new Transformers movie and were all very disappointed with it. Lame movie!

Hopefully my next post will be Alexa's arrival! Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

So I check your blog like twice a day to see any news...Can you tell that we are excited for you guys?! I am so glad you have your family around you...doing all those fun things helps keep your mind off of WAITING! All are prayers and good wishes are with you for Alexa's arrival!

Shanan, Kelly and Carson said...

i'm sorry you've gone so far over but it sounds like its working out good for you! thats how carson was too. i wasn't happy that i went over but it was really good timeing for us also! and now if you haven't heard...baby # 2 for us is on the way!! i'm excited for ya to have her tomorrow and good luck! cant wait to see pics!!

Tara said...

I'm sorry that she's being a little stinker and taking her sweet time to come. Sounds like you have had a good time with your family while waiting though! I'm excited to meet her! Let us know when you are ready for visitors!!

Brittany Crane said...

I keep checking your blog to see if Alexa is here yet. I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it went and of course to see pictures of the sweet girl. You are a trooper for being so long over due. Good Luck tomorrow!!

Lauren said...

The pictures of your family are so cute. Even though I'm sure you're uncomfortable, it's nice that you've been able to show your family the sites before the baby comes. Best of luck tomorrow! You'll do great!

Tannie Datwyler said...

Oh, we hope your little girl comes soon! What a bummer to be overdue- but that is so good of you to take it in stride. Since my kids come early if I am ever overdue it will be a nightmare! :)

Dave and Natasha said...

Ya, you're probably a new mom by now! I can't wait to see your next post about her! In your pictures you don't even look that big and you're a week over! Wow, you are lucky, and that's good to hear that you've been feeling good!!! I hope everything goes well... and it's a quick labor!!! Good luck! Can't wait to see pictures of her!