"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Friday, March 2, 2012

First Trimester

You don't have to read this, it's mostly for documentation purposes : )

I am 14 weeks along now! I am hoping that all the bad symptoms I list below are about to go away!

The first things I noticed were fatigue, vivid crazy dreams, and some nausea off and on. Soon I was having a super hard time eating breakfast and I got the gags bad throughout the day. I've had a hard time going in the kitchen, I think because of smells and looking at food. I had a couple weeks of actual morning sickness in the morning. I would wake up starving and sick, sometimes with a pounding headache, and I blacked out a couple of times.

In January I had my first nurse visit and discussed some light spotting that freaked me out. My weight was 112. My next visit was with Dr. Lazaro. I got to have an ultrasound(pictures below) and see the baby's heart beating, such a relief! At that point I thought I was 10 weeks, but I ended up measuring 8 weeks and 3 days. Oh well. My weight was 112. In February I had another doctor visit and Steve and Alexa were there to see another ultrasound.(no pictures) I was then measuring over 12 weeks. My weight was 113, I gained a pound!

So lately, I still get the gags, I think I get it when I'm hungry. (Does anyone else get gags during pregnancy? It's annoying.) My stomach usually bothers me from after lunch until bed time. I have to eat at 8, 10, lunch, 2, dinner, 8, and right before bed. I usually have a nap in the morning and then, if we turn on the TV after Alexa goes to bed, I almost always fall asleep during a show or two, or I just head to bed early. Oh, and I have to pee literally every two hours during the day. I used to have to wake once to pee at night for a few weeks, but I haven't had to wake up for the past month or so. I still have crazy dreams though. Also, I'm not showing yet.

Steve has been so great to help out with dinners, dishes, and garbage more often! I hope most of these symptoms go away soon! They did after the first trimester with Alexa.

All in all, I am so grateful that I am pregnant and glad the symptoms aren't worse. I know a lot of ladies do have it a lot worse. Steve, Alexa, and I are all excited for the end of August! Also, we can find out the gender of the baby in like four weeks!

Here is baby #2 in the peanut stage!


3 comments:

kaila sue said...

Adorable baby already! I hope you get feeling better, I love that you say you get "the gags"!

v a n e s s a said...

ultrasounds are always so exciting!

Tannie Datwyler said...

I'm always interested in details like this. :) Thanks for sharing!! I LOVE ultrasounds.