"The future is as bright as your faith." -Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Caden's Birth

Caden came a week early! My other two came a week late :)

My last couple of months carrying baby number 3 were quite a bit more painful that my first two pregnancies. My body just felt a lot older and when he would kick and move around it really hurt. I feel bad for all the complaining I did to Steve, haha.

On Friday, October 10, I arranged a date night for Steve and me because I figured it would be the last one for a while. We went to the movie, "Meet the Mormons," and ate authentic Mexican with spicy salsa. Maybe my crying in the movie or the salsa got things started. The thought came to me a few times that night that I might go into labor early.

We went to bed a little after ten. I was having a hard time falling asleep. Somewhere around 11, I think I had just fallen asleep, I woke up thinking I had peed a tiny bit. I went to the bathroom and my first thought was that my water was breaking. I had just read my friend's blog a few days previous about how her water broke and how it was just slow and not a big burst of water. I went back to bed because nothing else happened. But a few minutes later I felt a tiny more and when I went to the bathroom that time even more leaked out. I googled it of course, and confirmed that my water had broken. At 11:30 I decided to wake up Steve. We called my mom to come over (thank heavens for living 8 minutes away from her!) (And she was actually still awake anyways). We got our things together and left just after midnight when my mom got to our house.


I started feeling a tad bit of discomfort with my contractions on the way. At the hospital they confirmed that I was in active labor and dilated to a 2.5. They got me on an IV in a delivery room a few minutes later. My mom had my dad stay the night with my kids and she headed to the hospital as well. My contractions were regular but closer to four minutes apart. Around 1am we started some pitocin. At 2am I got my epidural. At 3am I was dilated to a four. At 6:45am I was to a 5 and at 7:45 to a 6.


Since it seemed to be going somewhat slowly, my mom headed home to shower and help my dad with the kids breakfast and stuff. But, just like with Bennett, just after she left, things really started moving along. 

At about 8:27 the baby's heart rate dipped and they checked me and I was ready to deliver. My mom got back just as I was ready to push. I pushed 2 times and out he came at 8:48.



He was born on October 11, 2014 at 8:48am. He weighed 7 pounds even and was 20 1/2 inches long. He had a little bit of brown hair and dark grey/blue eyes. He is super perfect and handsome!

I feel very blessed that everything went so smoothly. It was so nice to have the epidural early enough this time to avoid any pain. Doctor Lunt and the nurses were great. The food wasn't even half bad ;)

An hour before we left the hospital, we decided on his name, Caden James Jackson. In the hospital we started calling him Carter for a little while, but it didn't fit. We tried out Caden and decided we liked it. He might go by Cade or CJ. We gave Bennett the middle name Thomas, which is a family name on Steve's dad's side. Caden has the middle name of James, which is a big family name on my dad's side.

We love our little guy already!

4 comments:

Marissa said...

Such a beautiful picture and birth story! I'm glad everything went so smoothly.

Tannie Datwyler said...

Beautiful!! I'm so glad everything went well.

Jacob and Jillian said...

I'm so glad everything went well and I hope the transition to 3 goes smoothly. Congratulations, he sure is a cutie!

Cami and Mitch said...

Congrats again! I loved reading all your updates. You guys have had such an exciting couple of months!